Sunday, April 17, 2011

welcome


Welcome to Windy City Waterman.  My goal with this blog is to share the stoke for getting out on the water.  I've always been fueled by the sense of freedom & adventure you feel when you slide away from shore, the intimate connection with nature when you're out on the water and in the wind, and for us here in Chicago, the odd juxtaposition of a great wilderness colliding with a great metropolis.  It always blows my mind when I'm ripping along at 30 knots on my windsurfer, totally focused on managing the waves and gusts, feeling like nothing else exists, to look up and see that iconic skyline and realize, wow, there's almost three million people right there.

But enough waxing poetic.  This blog is going to be about action.  Windsurf, surf, stand up paddle.  It's all happening right here in the second city.  We've got 1.3 quadrillion gallons of water, so let's go out and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment