Wednesday, June 8, 2011

new boards from NAISH arrive


If you've been following on Facebook or you've been to my website, you know that the Windy City Waterman Stand Up for Charity Lake Michigan Crossing is going off this August 14th.  I had this (crazy?) idea back in early April and things came together really fast.  My first goal was to increase awareness of SUP in Chicago and challenge myself to paddle more, longer & faster.  The Lake Michigan crossing seemed like a big, audacious goal that would give me something to really train for, and since it seemed like something that would attract a bit of attention, I decided to use the platform to promote a couple great local charities that can always use our help.

I have to admit, I was pretty blown away when Naish stepped up to sponsor my project with a full quiver of boards and paddles.  Everybody I spoke with both at Naish in Maui and Pacific Boardsports on the mainland was super enthusiastic about this project and happy to help us grow SUP in Chicago and paddle for a couple of amazing charities.  It's been a few weeks now since the boards arrived, but we captured the excitement of unpacking them on film...


So now that we've got our gear, we're in full promotion mode.  I'm sending out press releases and sharing this with everyone I know, but here's my big CALL FOR HELP!  Please help us spread the word about the great sport of SUP and these important local charities by sharing my website with your own friends, through your social media or websites and anywhere else you can think of.  Thanks for your support and I'll see you on the water! 

No comments:

Post a Comment