Friday, July 29, 2011

training continues... and a few waves

Training for my upcoming Lake Michigan crossing continues on schedule. I have one more big paddle to do this week. I'll be pushing for something around 25 miles. I had intended to do that distance last Monday, but a 15 knot wind slowed my progress and I fell short. In between the longer sessions, I'm doing 5-8 mile paddles every other day throughout the week. Overall I feel really good about where I'm at. I'll be ready in two weeks for sure.

At this point, it looks like there will be three of us paddling, with a possible fourth 'surprise paddler' crashing the party. I'll post some paddler profiles soon so you all can meet the athletes. It'll be fun to have some other guys (& gals?) out there with me.

Like I mentioned, Monday was pretty windy, which made the training session tough. I paddled an hour and a half upwind, then did a fun down-winder back to the launch. When I came in Al had showed up with his Naish Nalu, so we grabbed a few little waves that were breaking on the beach. The waves could have been bigger, but it was pretty close to Chicago summer perfection. Here's a peek...

No comments:

Post a Comment