Monday, September 5, 2011

amazing august

     Here on the Great Lakes, August can be amazing... and this year it really was.  While the month typically brings a few North weather systems foreshadowing the coming Fall, this year we had a bunch of them.  Since our epic downwinder on the 15th, we've had a series of great windsurf and surf days... so much so in fact, that I haven't had much time for blogging (sorry).  Last weekend I SUP trained on Friday, enjoyed one of the best windsurfing days in years on Saturday, and SUP surfed on Sunday.  What a weekend!  This week, we ushered in September with the first in a series of big North's that look like they'll continue through the whole week.  We're really living the dream here in Chicago, and I hope everybody is planning on getting out on the water.

In Stand Up For Charity Paddle news, things are still looking good for the big paddle to go down next weekend.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Kevin will be making it this time.  He is suffering some torn rhomboid muscles in his back, an injury he amazingly paddled through when he was here on the 14th, but which has worsened since he returned home.   With time running out to get the 50-miler under my belt this season, I don't feel like I can afford to re-schedule again.  The weather is looking favorable for Dimitry and me to do the same run down from Racine that we planned on a few weeks ago, so that's what we're looking at right now.  Expect to see a post in the next day or so with the full plan and schedule.

Sorry, but I haven't had a chance to upload photos or edit video footage, so that's it for now.  I hope everyone had a fun and safe Labor Day weekend.  See you on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment