Sunday, December 9, 2012

surf season and a race announcement


     Well it's full-on surf season here on Lake Michigan, and so far it's been a blast.  I made it out yesterday for a fun little session at Greenwood Avenue Beach.  It was a small day but we had a great time and got a solid workout.  With air temp around 40 and water at 45, I was cooking in my 6/5/4 Hyperflex Amp wetsuit.  This year will be my first go at staying on the water all winter, so I'm kind of getting my bearings as far as how cold I can go out and still be comfortable.  I'm glad to see that I haven't even gotten close to finding the limits of my wetsuits.  If you're interested in surfing, go out and get yourself some quality rubber and come join us!  It's not as crazy as it seems...

     In other SUP news, The Standup World Tour is wrapping up with a final event scheduled for sometime in the next two weeks at an as-yet undisclosed location in the Caribbean.  As you recall, we hosted a Standup World Series race event here in Chicago this year as part of the World Tour, and I'm happy to announce that the race organizers have committed to coming back to Chicago in 2013.  Mark your calendars for August 24-25th 2013 and plan to be in Chicago to get on the water with the world's top SUP racers.

     In the meantime, I'll leave you with a couple of videos to get you up to speed on the recent World Series action.  The first video features the Starboard riders working out in Brazil and the second is the final day of action at the comp held there, The Ubatuba Pro.  Enjoy and I'll see you on the water!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment