Wednesday, July 4, 2012

photos from the world series distance race on monday

I'm just going to throw up a big batch of photos today... Thanks Kim for shooting so many great shots!


Tizzy came by pre-race to wish me luck and check out the scene...


She was pretty stoked...


... especially when she got to meet Connor Baxter!


My buddy Christoph was the first racer to register... think he was excited?


Pre-race skipper's meeting.


And they're off...


This shot illustrates the difference between the world's top SUP racers and me.  See, I'm the guy there on the left, still getting up on my board while the pros to my right are already up and hammering.  Well, at least I know what I need to work on...


And see in this photo and the next how that quick start translates into an early lead.  If you SUP race, even recreationally, work on your starts.  A lot of races are won or lost at the start line.


Connor, Kai and the pros are gonna do nothing but get smaller from where I'm paddling for the next 45 minutes.


Ian from GLBC and I had a little scrap around the buoy and he edged out in front of me.  He didn't stay there for long... 


These are the pros...


... And these are of me.  These skyline shots are just kick ass!  How could any paddler not want to get into the water under this skyline?


And I made it... first local paddler off the water!


The pros were already cooling off when I came in...


Tizzy got her photo-op with Kai...


... And local paddler Basil Tydings and I discussed just exactly at which point the pros dropped us like yesterday's newspaper... ha ha ha.  I'll try to post another video before the weekend.  If I don't get to it, I hope to see many of you at the Lake Geneva race next Saturday.  Enjoy the 4th everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment