Monday, July 30, 2012

SUP YACS race proves that SUP is catching on in Chicago

     As you know, I started Windy City Waterman last year because I just couldn't understand why SUP wasn't catching on faster here in Chicago.  Well, I am very excited to report that IT FINALLY IS!  Yesterday's SUP YACS race at Montrose beach was a tremendous success.  Over 60 participants got on the water, many of them first time racers, and the beach scene was buzzing with clinics, yoga and a non-stop dance party for the kids.  Here are a few pics...


We had a perfect day with wispy clouds and warm temps...

There were trophies and very nice prizes for the winners... I won a sweet Patagonia backpack!

Here's my buddy Christoph getting his trophy... look at all those kids... the future of SUP is looking bright!

Winners...
     Congratulations to everyone at True North Treks for putting on a fantastic event for a great cause!  

No comments:

Post a Comment