Thursday, September 28, 2006
Tizzy Kay makes the scene...
Alright... we've survived the first night and gotten a little sleep, so here are those photos I promised.
And for those of you interested in the play-by-play, here's how it went:
* We arrived at the hospital at 7:30 Tuesday night.
* Nurses got us checked in and administered cervedil to help get things rolling.
* We both slept alright Tuesday night, then they started the pitosin to induce labor early Wednesday morning.
* Spent most of the day walking the halls together (Kim and I) with her contractions increasing in intensity throughout the day.
* By 4:00 PM her contractions were pretty severe and only a minute to two apart, so we were pretty sure we would be having a natural birth.
* Our doctor came in and did an exam and found that Kim wasn't really dialated at all, so he recommended we go C-section, and we agreed.
* At 5:07 PM little Tizzy Kay was born. She was tugged out by her head, all purple and slimy, and it was one of the most amazing sights I've ever seen.
She's healthy and peaceful, eating and sleeping well and not yet at all fussy. We are ecstatic.