Friday, May 27, 2011

BIG day at greenwood

Yesterday we had a BIG day at Greenwood Avenue Beach in Evanston.  It had been blowing thirty knots plus all night and the swell was gnarly.  This is me working up the courage to push out into that mess... Waves were breaking out as far as the eye could see.
Well, I did manage to get out, but I was so overpowered on 4.6 (my smallest sail) that I didn't put on much of a show... But it was still super fun to be out in these conditions.  Mother Nature in all her glory... what a great adventure!
Fortunately, Paul showed up and showed off, staying out for over two hours in the frigid conditions and entertaining us all with huge airs, forwards, back loops, waveriding and even a bit of freestyle in the surf.
Here he is mid-forward...
... And launching into a back loop.  A big THANK YOU to Rich Sidell for shooting these photos.  To see the full photo album from yesterday's session, click here.  I also mounted the GoPro camera on Paul's boom for a while, so I'll get some video footage up in the next day or so. 

We've got a nice looking weekend coming up... warm and sunny... I'll see you all out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment