Thursday, June 28, 2012

some fun waves, artsy pics and preparing for the World Series


We had a super fun wave day last Monday.  I SUP surfed for over 5 hours... couldn't get enough of it.  Kim was great and took a bunch of photos.  She doesn't have a very long lens so I had to zoom in to really see the action and they ended up a bit grainy.  I used the magic 'enhance' button in iPhoto and it made them look kind of artsy and cool, so I decided to go ahead and post them.
 

I was able to do a little cross-stepping, making it almost to the nose on a few rides.  The Indo Board trainer is so key to learning this longboard skill and I'm on that thing every few days.  Glad I love it so much!


Look at these surreal colors... that was the iPhoto effect working.


Ed and Al came out on their longboards for a bit...


... and they managed to share a wave, even though there were only three of us in the lineup.


Paddling back out through the break is one of the best things you can do to improve your balance and agility on the board.  Even when the waves are really small, I always take advantage of them to train agility.  Besides, even riding a little calf-high mushball is really fun.


This afternoon I'm doing my last paddle training session before the Standup World Series race coming up this weekend.  I'll be paddling a borrowed Bark Competitor like the one in the photo above.  Much thanks to Matt Sommer for agreeing to board-swap with me so I could do this race.  All my race boards are 14's and I needed to be on a stock 12'6" to qualify.  It's going to be a super fun weekend.  Hope to see some of you down at North Avenue Beach Sunday and Monday.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment